Known as the oyster capital, In 1827, the town was incorporated as "West Point" and received its current name in 1831. A small town we visited on the way to our panhandle 'swing'. The main street had shoppes to browse and several eating establishments. Off the main street was the Orman house, possibly the oldest building of Greek Revival style on the Florida coast. A slave home resides nearby.