Founded in 1906, Havana was initially driven by shade tobacco’s economic engine, as was much of Gadsden County, Florida. Today Havana is bursting with more than 30 specialty shops that are stocked with everything from new furniture and vintage collectibles to some amazing art. There are cafes and restaurants worth a try in this quiet town
St. Augustine is the oldest city in Florida, it is also the oldest continuously occupied settlement of European origin in the United States. The city was originally founded as a Spanish colony in 1565 by admiral Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, who became the first colonial governor of Florida. Under Spain’s rule, St. Augustine served as the base for Spain to continue its colonial expansion and it was eventually designated as the capital of Spanish Florida.
St Augustine is a wonderful location for daytime and night-time photo shoots. We recommend that you consider taking the 1-2 hours Trolley Tour around the town. In addition to the individual locations below, walking Saint Georges Street at night offers a plethora of photo ops. The best time to start is around 9:30 pm at the city gates (across from Castillo de San Marcos} and proceed to walk to the end taking photos of all the shops and stores at night - after the crowds have thinned out. Most of the lights in the city are left on all night so you never run out of interesting things to shoot.
Suggested Photo Ops:
* (a must) The tower entrance to Old Town and the Oldest Schoolhouse in America
* Use Trolley (on and off) for interest scenes throughout (or note announcers 'best' sites)
* St George Street - daytime activity and nighttime lights
* Lions Bridge - the Lion and the Lions Bridge all lit up at night
* Castillo de San Marcos - take the exterior at night and interior during the daytime
* San Sebastian Winery (if you like interiors, production facilities and wine tasting)
* Flagler College at night