- - - - - - - - - - personal notes & photos - - - - - - - - -
Our original visit to Tallahassee was to find and photograph a Frank Lloyd Wright designed home. After locating the general area and exploring access I found an opening between a locked gate and security fencing that allowed me to 'inadvertently' gain entry to the property. Now within telephoto distance I shot several photos to add to my collection of unique captures.
Ginger was the 'bank get-a-way' driver - cruising the street so no one knew I was entering private property, she was at the ready for the get-a-way, car running, ms!both hands on the wheel and phone on. No Problems! ... However, returning home and processing the photos I learned the home was occupied and upon cropping the image, I had captured the owner walking the grounds - Oops!
We continued on and came across the Goodwood Gardens ... just happened to be closed but the gate was open to let contractors into the property. We are wanna be contractors so we entered and casually walked the grounds undisturbed, taking photos or the property grounds.
Our follow-up trip(s) came as we wanted to grab a few historic photos in Tallahassee and see FSU.
- Florida State University - Founded in 1851; FSU is the oldest site of higher education in Florida
- Goodwood Museum and Gardens - National Register of Historic Places and serves as museum on 20-acres of land with centuries old live oaks and gardens. Must see: main house, and 20 structures dating from 1835 to 1925.
- Mission San Luis - the mission was the western capital of Spanish Florida from 1656 to 1704.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Spring House - Designed and constructed in 1954, the Spring House is the only built private residence designed by Wright in the state of Florida.
- Old State Capital - Since 1845, the Historic Capitol has symbolized Florida state government.
Wiki ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallahassee,_Florida
Goodwood Gardens ... visittallahassee.com/partners/goodwood-museum-gardens/
Check out Visit Tallahassee ... https://visittallahassee.com/