- - - - - - - - personal notes - - - - - - - - -
(continued from Fernandina Beach Post)
Thursday morning we had breakfast and headed to downtown St Augustine - the Old City. It was bitter cold, yet Mom was a champ and we walked the shops and main street to see what we could. About 12 noon, we knew that San Sebastian would have their wine tour and tasting and we proceeded there.
As luck was with us, we did not have to participate in the tour - YES!!! When the tasting was over we returned to the car and headed straight off to Rick and Vana's for a catch up of family events, a tour of Rick's projects and my replacement of their smoke alarm batteries (located in the cathedral ceiling - Rick is not a ladder person). Now we look forward to February's Trip on a Tankful (or two) ... maybe the Panhandle.
(more notes beyond the tour above)
St Augustine is a wonderful location for daytime and night-time photo shoots. We recommend that you consider taking the 1-2 hours Trolley Tour around the town. In addition to the individual locations below, walking Saint Georges Street at night offers a plethora of photo ops. The best time to start is around 9:30 pm at the city gates (across from Castillo de San Marcos} and proceed to walk to the end taking photos of all the shops and stores at night - after the crowds have thinned out. Most of the lights in the city are left on all night so you never run out of interesting things to shoot.
- (a must) The tower entrance to Old Town and the Oldest Schoolhouse in America (day & night)
- Use Trolley (on and off) for interest scenes throughout (or note announcers 'best' sites)
- St George Street - daytime activity and nighttime lights
- Lions Bridge - the Lion and the Lions Bridge all lit up at night
- Castillo de San Marcos - take the exterior at night and interior during the daytime
- San Sebastian Winery (if you like interiors, production facilities and wine tasting)
- Flagler College at night
- Additional photo ideas here
Wiki ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida
Visitor's Guide ... www.visitstaugustine.com/
Florida Backroads Travel ... www.florida-backroads-travel.com/st-augustine-florida.html